🔥 We challenge you!
As our Test Engineer, we want you to be responsible for testing (characterization and validation) the heart of our superconducting nanowire single photon detector (SNSPD) systems.
- Perform optical and electrical characterization of SNSPD’s by using a variety of lab equipment
- Execute quality control and performance validation of the complete systems
- Check and maintain characterization setups to ensure accuracy
- Mount detectors and check the performance of the cryostats
- Report feedback to nano-fabrication to develop the best photon detectors possible
- You will work closely with other team members but the actual testing is performed independently
- You will need real tenacity and great accuracy to follow through
- You will play an important part in getting our systems on time to our scientific customers all over the world
- We are in the process of developing a more automated fashion of testing
- We will also ask of you to contribute and assist with this process in order to optimize and reduce testing time and thus further decrease production time
👉🏼 You are
- Someone who has a feeling of wonder and admiration for physics
- High sense of commitment and responsibility
- Precise working attitude
- Good time management skills
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the field of Engineer, Electronics or equivalent
- Experience with laser set-ups or quantum optics is a plus
- You have a good working proficiency in English
🏦 What do you get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel allowance
- A retirement plan
- Up to 38 vacation days
- An international, high-tech environment with colleagues from the Netherlands, USA, France, Italy, China and the list goes on!
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always willing to listen, whether you’ve been with us for a week, a month, or a year
- An employer who truly values personal development and growth who invites you to do the same
- Social security offered by the Collective Labor Agreement Metal & Technology (CAO Metaal en Techniek)