🔥 We challenge you!
Region of the future has the mission to help municipalities with their innovation challenges by developing new solutions that can make a positive impact at scale. Current projects focus on sustainable salt production, green logistics of construction materials, and helping municipalities with the energy transition, or big data solutions for Municipalities.
For these projects we need students to come up with new solutions, and people to build and test prototypes and run experiments. If you thrive in a project where no 2 days are the same and where you are challenged in different fields, we are looking for you.
You will work together with students from different disciplines and be guided by experienced engineers, project managers, and entrepreneurs.The Urban Data Project: You will research which generative AI models, like CHATGPT, are usable within MRDH (Rotterdam-The Hague Metropolitan Area) and how we could implement them in municipalities. You will need to take the risks that come with it into account and anticipate them.
- Experience with the following: Deep learning (Natural language processing), Data Analysis, Machine learning, Statistics, Research, and Python.
- You are at least in your second or third-year bachelor's. You are interested in Data / Programming / AI or User experience and testing.
- You are a self-starter and self-motivated person.
- Extremely proactive.
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Willingness to learn more about innovative solutions and projects.
- A love for technology and its possible impact on society.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Having organized student association activities, committees or similar experiences is a pre.
- Dutch knowledge is a big plus.
- You are available 1 or 2 days a week.
- Willingness to work as a contractor. Which will give you the opportunity to work whenever and wherever is most convenient for you.
🏦 What do you get in return?
An inspiring startup environment where you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and where you are able to implement your ideas and work on innovative solutions for corporate and societal challenges. You will work in the best learning environment related to entrepreneurship. You will be involved in multiple projects and get 24/7 guidance from a team of Region of the Future professionals throughout the year. You will get the flexibility to work when this fits your schedule and an average of 2 days throughout the academic year.
Be part of a highly innovative environment and add some extremely interesting projects you can add to your resume.
Competitive compensation of 15 euros/hour. Ability to work when this fits your schedule. You will work with a driven and ambitious team that goes above and beyond to build innovative solutions. YES!Delft and the Region of the Future offer a truly unique opportunity to contribute, learn and grow in the world of tech entrepreneurship.
Last but not least you will be able to attend our legendary Friday Afterwork Drinks!