🔥 We challenge you!
You will be part of the team working at the development and maintenance of quality prediction models for fresh fruit using our sensor(s). You will be responsible for quality analysis of fresh fruit, using both our sensor and benchmark destructive measurements. Your activities will include:
• Accumulate data, through use of sensors, in relation to fruit quality;
• Design and revise experiment practices for post-harvest analysis;
• Analyze data associated to the experiments;
• Choose, in collaboration with the team, new fruit targets for our sensor;
• Interact with users and customers to define and optimize requirements and user practises;
feedback• Review, test and collect feedback on the design to further improve the product.
👉🏼 You are
- You are open minded and ready to analyse the problem from all relevant aspects, from both design and user perspective;
- You are keen to learn software based data analysis approaches (using Python/Matlab);
- You have a good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
- You can actively work with the team for at least 3 days a week
- You are preferably already located in the Netherlands, or planning to relocate shortly.
- You study Plant Science, Food Science or equivalent subjects (at HBO, WO or Master level);
- You are familiar with post-harvest quality assessment and physiology for fresh fruit;
- You have hands-on experience with internal quality analysis of fresh fruit (firmness, brix, ripeness, shelf life);
- You have hands-on experience with tools for internal fruit quality measurements (penetrometers, refractometers);
🏦 What do you get in return?
You will have the opportunity to live a true start-up experience, also working in the premises of the renowned Dutch incubator Yes!Delft. You will be in an interdisciplinary environment, challenged to learn new aspects of sensor design and use, but also to have fun in the process. And, of course, you will have an internship compensation.