🔥 We challenge you!
As a mechatronic systems designer at IMSystems, you will have the opportunity to work with a dedicated and talented team to conceptualize and design robots that showcase the unique selling points of the Archimedes Drive. You will have complete responsibility over the full machine design, including the mechanics, electronics, and PLC (Twincat / Beckhoff) software, of course with feedback from the other engineers at IMSystems.
In addition to designing demonstrator robots, you'll also be responsible for designing test setups that are reliable, safe, and easy to use, with sensors that are well-documented and tested for accuracy. Because of your experience being the first person to integrate our drive for a particular application, , you'll be the go-to person for assistance with mechanical mounting design and motor and sensor integration & supporting our customers.
👉🏼 You are
To excel in this role, you'll need a degree in Mechatronics Engineering, proficiency in 3D CAD design (specifically Solidworks), and experience in machine design and creating 2D production drawings. You should also have a strong understanding of mechanical shapes, strengths, and interfaces, as well as experience with sensor data protocols and brushless DC motor control.
But it's not just about your technical skills – we're also looking for a great colleague that is honest, flexible, open to criticism, has independent thinking, and has a cross-departmental mindset. If you're an ambitious, creative, and efficient team player with a passion for mechatronic systems and machine design, we want you on our team!
At IMSystems we believe in the power of teamwork. You will be working in close collaboration with the design engineers, the Test and Data Analysis Engineer, the marketing team and sales team. We will discuss new ideas, criticize each other’s work, and brainstorm on improvements of the machine designs. We do that in a harmonious and safe atmosphere with regular office hours and we offer a competitive salary. We envision that having healthy and happy colleagues will enable the whole team to make a revolution in the field of automation possible.
*The core tasks for the role:*
- Mechanical design of machines / robots
- Electronics (cabinet) design for the machines / robots
- PLC software design for the machines / robots
- Considering edge cases and risks to make the systems reliable
- Bsc or Msc working and thinking level
- Experience with machine design and mechatronics
- Experience in motor control and sensor protocols
- Experience in CAD design (we use Solidworks)
- Fluent in English or fluent in Dutch while being able to exercise general communication in English (also holds for technical language)
🏦 What do you get in return?
- Competitive salary
- Share participation (each employee shares in the company’s success)
- A job with diversity in projects
- A mixed environment, working with your hands as well as behind a desk
- Stimulation of your professional development
- An amazing group of colleagues, working together to enable a mechatronics revolution with a giant leap forward in speed-reducer technology
IMSystems is a fast growing and energetic Dutch startup with a small enthusiastic team. Together we have the ambition to spark the next technological revolution with our Archimedes Drives, especially in the field of industrial robotics. We envision the team members to grow with the company, to build IMSystems and enable personal growth of the employees at the same time and at the same pace. Everyone’s voice is heard, there is a flat hierarchy and input from everyone is valued. We do believe this mentality forms the base of our growth and successes. Interested? Apply today!