🔥 We challenge you!
In this role you will be responsible for the mechanical design, translate user requirements into technical solutions that work under the harshest conditions and you will be involved in every stage of the development. There are many aspects of the technology that need to be taken into account, such as the force and torque sensor systems, the housing and mechanical coupling, as well as a seamless integration with the electronics and visualization systems. This has to be done in line with the high standards for engineering in the healthcare industry, so it is a complex challenge indeed!
It is a diverse role where no day will be the same. One day you might be attending a surgical procedure in the hospital to learn more about the handling of the instruments and the workflow of the surgeons, while the next you could be designing a new housing that could withstand the high demands of the sterilization process or optimize the algorithm to improve results.
👉🏼 You are
The role can be a perfect fit for you if you get enthusiastic about: developing a deep understanding of how things work, solving problems, talk with healthcare professionals, collaborating with colleagues in a multidisciplinary team of engineers, managing your own project, re-orient when facing setbacks, try again and testing concepts together with end-users. Both long-term strategic thinking and detailed engineering.
- MSc. Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace, Mechatronics or equivalent
- Interest in health care and medical devices
- Experience in CAD, prototyping or programming (Python, C++, JAVA) is considered a plus
- Positive attitude, can-do mentality and flexibility
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English and Dutch
🏦 What do you get in return?
- Great opportunity for professional growth in an ambitious and fast-growing start-up
- Your product. Used by doctors. In 3 years. The first systems we ship will have your signature on it
- A competitive salary
- Part of a driven team