🔥 We challenge you!
You will design and implement the process developed at the lab and pilot scale into a commercial scale process. You will develop the procedures needed for this demonstration plant, including the safety procedures and operational procedures regarding quality control and quality assurance, meeting the expectations of our customers
- Analytics: at least HPLC, GC, IC & photo-spectrometry to understand process performance and product quality. Preferably also hands-on experience with NMR and MS.
- (Bio)chemical engineering principles at hand, to come to innovative solutions
- High affinity with microbial processes, preferably industrial fermentation experience
- Excellent Python and/or Excel skills to harvest and visualize results
- Setting up accurate mass balances, to evaluate process efficiency
- Make a techno economic process analysis of OPEX and CAPEX
- An European approved drivers license
👉🏼 You are
- Organized and can Plan - create and maintain accurate planning and experimentation
- Attentive to details - ensure critical details are not overseen and numbers add up
- Persistent/ can persevere - deal effectively with setbacks, get stronger from each failure
- Open to criticism and new ideas - be genuinely open to new ideas and feedback on content or performance
- Team player - collaborates extensively with the rest of the team, including tech and business dev and communicate effectively.
- Diligent - take care of the microbial, chemical and physical experiments
- Committed - work an extra hour if that is what it takes to complete a task and get it done.
- Academic background in chemistry, chemical engineering, biotechnology, (bio)physics, analytical (bio)chemistry, (bio)chemical product development.
- 1-5 years of relevant working experience in technical, commercial and/or industrial setting
🏦 What do you get in return?
You can be part of a young Dutch biotech venture, where you get a chance to commercialize a more sustainable future and accelerate the European bio-economy. We offer fast personal growth and a lot of fun in working together and improving and shaping our company culture as a fast growth start-up/scale-up.
Indeterminate duration, starting with a temporary one-year contract. We offer a decent yearly salary (€35,000 - €55,000 / yr incl holiday allowance) and optional benefits such as travel reimbursements and access to a (shared) company car.