🔥 We challenge you!
The Development Technician is part of our multidisciplinary Development team.
- In this role your tasks and responsibilities will be quite diverse. You support our engineers/scientists by performing experiments to measure the parameters of our detector chips, like efficiency, count rate, and time resolution. Through this we spot design flaws and work on the resolution of issues
- You build and tailor our systems for special customer requests and/or research purposes. As the detector chips are the core of our business, an accurate way of working and note keeping is an absolute must
- You will also provide manufacturing support to our Mechanical Engineer to bring the CAD designs into reality
- Ideally, the successful candidate also has experience with optics, such that he/she can build optical systems for lab use and has experience in lab automatization
👉🏼 You are
- You work cleanly and precisely and are used to good note keeping
- You have a sense of wonder and admiration for physics
- You are committed, not afraid to take ownership and pose a high level of accuracy and precision
- You have good time management skills
- An MBO-HBO educational background in a relevant subject
- 3 years experience in mechanical craftmanship like operating a mill, lathe, etc
- 3 years experience with technical assembly and working in a lab and/or cleanroom environment
The following work experience is a plus
- Experience with optics
- Experience with vacuum physics or cryogenics
- Experience in Python for data analysis and control
- Experience with CAD software
- Experience in working with a wire bonding machine
- Hands-on experience in high-tech production
- Prior work in an optics lab is a big plus
🏦 What do you get in return?
- At Single Quantum, we confront every challenge with innovation, dedication, and passion. Founded in 2012, our team has emerged as true pioneers of single photon detection technology. We were among the first to manufacture and commercialize superconducting nanowire single photon detectors. Since then, our multi-channel Single Quantum Eos photon detection system has been chosen by more than 100 academic and industrial labs all over the world to perform complex optical measurements.We want to share this groundbreaking technology with the world. Single Quantum will continue to develop and improve the world’s fastest and most sensitive light detection systems. Join us in turning photons into data!