🔥 We challenge you!
Generate access to sustainable water:
- As Business Developer, your main area of focus will be to grow our business by engaging with new leads and follow-up with existing leads with the aim of realizing the deployment of our water technology. This can be anything from high-end resorts in the Caribbean, private property development in Latin America, and NGOs active in Africa. This puts you in a crucial position for the growth of our organization
- Products need people. Establishing trust and educating the potential users of our technology is a big part of how to engage. Your role involves maintaining and improving potential customer relations, preparing and delivering proposals to the clients (digitally by mails, phone calls, meetings), having researched/confirmed their business and requirements. This requires creativity, perseverance, and patience
- You will work on follow-up activities of the sales efforts, assisted by a CRM. You will closely work with our managing director to determine the best strategy/focus and should feel comfortable pitching and presenting for various audiences. One of your tasks is expanding and maintaining global sales/distribution channels. Your position normally involves sales trips overseas to get in touch with the clients, understand the local market and develop local partnerships
👉🏼 You are
- Water scarcity is rapidly increasing, already 4 billion people face water scarcity. At the same time, 97% of all water is seawater. Desalination is nothing new, but it’s expensive, fossil-fuel intensive, and difficult to use.The need for sustainable, efficient, independent yet affordable, and easy-to-use solar desalination solutions is evident. That’s what Elemental Water Makers offers since 2012. With our proven technology and international track record, we are rapidly scaling our business. To accelerate our impact by providing clean water using the sea & sun, we need your help. Are you looking for a career and become part of a movement that you are proud of?Will you join us in solving water scarcity, using the sea, sun, earth & wind?
- An experienced & committed hero:
- An academic degree and a proven background of over 3 years in B2B business development
- A proven track record in overseas business-to-business sales & closing deals and strong persuasion skills are required, whilst not forgetting to strategically analyze and most importantly, listen to the clients
- Long-distance travel in economy class is no problem and you are comfortable being overseas possibly 25% of the time
- Due to relatively long sales cycles & more complex DMU, strong organizing skills, perseverance, patience and creativity are essential
- You should be able to monitor and discuss your own performance
- You have the ability to turn ideas into actions
- You have a good understanding of customer needs, value propositions and the financial aspects of a business case
- A strong desire to understand what Elemental Water Makers does as a business, including the technical aspects
- Able to quickly develop knowledge of what our customers want and how they want it
- You’re passionate about global possibilities, changing the world and improving the built environment
- You understand differences in culture and approach on islands/remote areas.Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and being able to cold call potential clients with confidence are key
- You must be fluent in spoken and written English and preferably one other foreign language (French, Spanish or Portuguese) and be able to communicate on different levels and with different audiences.
- Positive energy and cultural sensitivity are essential
🏦 What do you get in return?
- Purpose & possibility to grow together:
- Professional and motivated employees are the cornerstone of our organization. They are essential in helping us achieve our goal to secure freshwater today, without limiting tomorrow. We are a small passionate international team of several engineers with a practical approach to get stuff done. We offer constant guidance and learning, driven by our values. As key player in the field of desalination powered by renewable energy, we are able to kickstart you into this exciting field. We offer a base salary complemented with a performance bonus scheme. Our office is located at the shore in Scheveningen, where we also have our production facilities, making water sports such as surfing and kite-surfing in between calls a possibility.
Do you think you have what it takes to join us in solving freshwater scarcity? Become a water maker. The full-time position is available on short notice.