We are developing an innovative process to produce Lactic Acid from European sugar beet. As versatile as it can be, lactic acid is used for food, feed, cleaning, bioplastics, pharmaceutics, personal care and many other industries. And the best news: being biodegradable, it can replace many oil-based chemicals!
Going forward in our pilot preparation, we are looking for a (bio)chemical engineer to strengthen our team.
We offer a great working environment, the opportunity to learn on the go and the space to grow with us.
🔥 We challenge you!
👉🏼 You are
- Very motivated to contribute to the next generation lactic acid production
- Eager to help the environment by developing an innovative process to produce biochemicals, making the final product at the required level of the customer, more sustainable and circular
- Seeking an entrepreneurial environment
- Enthusiastic team player, flexible and reliable
- Resilient, being able to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Pro-active attitude and an entrepreneurial drive – always looks for opportunities and ways to improve our way of working
- Flexibility regarding working hours
- Goal oriented
- (Bio)Chemical engineering degree
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with upscaling (bio)chemical processes.
- Experience on downstream processing, with preference for refinery of fermentation broths
- Confident in simulation and modelling software such as Aspen, SuperProDesigner, Matlab, Pyhton etc
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
🏦 What do you get in return?
- A very dynamic and stimulating startup environment to learn by doing and grow with the company
- An open-minded environment where all ideas are heard and all contributions are valuable.
- Possibility to learn in a wide range of fields and expertises, being the main link between the pilot building/operations and the founding team.
- A temporary position, to be extended after positive evaluation
- A salary, with the possibility to subscribe to the employee shares pool after positive evaluation