🔥 We challenge you
As the Battery System Design Lead, you will be in charge of designing, developing, and testing Maeve’s battery system including main propulsion batteries, emergency and auxiliary batteries, thermal management system, and mechanical integration.
You will take responsibility for the system architecture design of the integrated battery system. You will collaborate closely with the Structures, Aircraft Design, and the Office of Airworthiness departments.
As Battery System Design Lead, you will be tasked to:
- Define, communicate and establish a technology development vision for the battery cell-to-pack level architecture;
- Act as system architect and owner of the high power Battery system up till integration into the powertrain system;
- Support the team in the establishment of battery functional and thermal verification plans;
- Establishing conditions for new product development such as; optimised processes, key technologies, new design software and proven techniques/methodologies;
- Supporting the recruitment department with job profile input on hiring & attracting battery engineering talent;
- Hands-on support in the design and fabrication of various generations of battery system prototypes;
👉🏼 You are
- Willing to work as part of a dynamic and multicultural team and in an undefined start-up environment.
- Driven, focused and ready to make a change.
- Passionate about sustainability.
- BSc or MSc in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, systems engineering or mechanical engineering;
- Minimum 5-7 years of work experience preferably the larger part in Electric- or Battery Systems development;
- The ability to work in a European company with a valid EU work visa is preferred but not mandatory.
- The (international) applicant should be willing and able to relocate.-Experience in selection and management of third-party vendors and suppliers;
- Preferred hands-on experience with design, development and testing of VDC battery system configurations;
- High proficiency in English and excellent communication skills;
- Availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals/deadlines;
🏦 What do you get in return?
Depending on your profile we offer a competitive salary and shares as part of Maeve's Employee Shares Program
Does this job description fit you perfectly? Then apply, and we hope to welcome you to our mission!