🔥 We challenge you!
Our Envision app and glasses are growing bigger and bigger by the day. Which means we now have the ability to impact so many more, if we build our tools the right way. We are looking for Android developers who will join us on this journey to code, to build, to impact and have fun while doing it.As an Android developer at Envision, you'll do the following:
- Join the Android team in shaping the future of the Envision Android app and Glasses.
- Polish existing features of the Android app & Glasses and work towards further improving the performance and reliability of the app.
- Help improve overall team productivity by setting up refactoring sprints, improving test coverage or building other internal systems.
👉🏼 You are
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where speed, flexibility and experimentation are part of the day-to-day.
- You can manage day to day tasks and time independently without much direct supervision.
- Bonus: if you've built Android app(s) end to end that are live on the Play Store.
- You're well versed with Kotlin and have experience writing production scale apps with Java.
- You have 2-4 years experience with the Android platform.
- You've worked in the past with Android Studio's performance monitoring tools. Android NDK is a plus.
- Sound Android architecture knowledge and experience using Android architecture components.
🏦 What do you get in return?
- Be part of a diverse, award-winning team: we are a team of 14 (and growing!) diverse dreamers, doers and tinkerers based at The Hague Tech in The Hague, the Netherlands. Outside of work, we love to have deep discussions about food, tech and everything under the sun. We won the Google Play Award 2019 for the Best Accessibility Experience, won the Computable award and were nominated for AppleVis Hall of Fame 2019.
- Have a global impact at scale: we are a young company, but we have a global impact. We have users in 200+ countries and we aim to be as inclusive as possible.
- Sell products that people love, that solves real problems: our greatest source of inspiration and motivation are our users who love our products which truly enable them to be independent in their everyday lives. We are pioneering real-life applications of technologies like AI for good.
- Gain new skills fast: because we are a close-knit team of domain masters, we are always learning from each other in order to work more synchronously. Your mind, abilities, and product sense will expand every day.
- We take care of you: competitive compensation package and target-based incentives while covering the cost for travel and relocation if needed!